Besides cold temperatures, the main reason for severely chapped lips is their extreme sensitivity. Since our lips, unlike other skin layers, the sebaceous glands are absent, the healthy fat formation remains. Thus there is no grease layer which could protect the skin from severe damage. Environmental influences are therefore easy to play when it comes to attacking the lip.
What causes chapped lips?
Extreme weather: Extreme cold and heat are the most common causes of poor skin on the lips. The UV rays from the sun, and dry heating air behaves similarly aggressively. So, extreme weather is contrary to cure chapped lips without chapstick.
Hydration and nutrition: A vitamin diet can also be harmful to the skin of the lips. Lack of nutrition reduces the formation of new cells & regeneration of the skin.
Flavors: Artificial flavors can affect the sensitive lips whether in food or toiletries. Allergic reactions can manifest themselves on the lips by extreme dryness. Lipsticks contain too many artificial characteristics which lead to drying out of the mouth.
You may like: Why your lips become dry?
Why do I have severely chapped lips?
There have some possible causes such as Licking Your Lips, Swelling caused by lip piercing, Mouth Breathing, dehydrating alcohol containing Toothpaste, too much intake of vitamin A, Allergies etc.
Germs & Bacteria is also a significant cause of severely chapped lips.
Chapped lips occur on even after a cold, fungal infection, fever blisters or other disorders. It happens for a weakened immune system & an imbalanced nutrient caused by the disease.
You may read: Natural Solution For Dark Lips
Home remedies for chapped lips:
Since there have various home remedies, forgot chapstick formula. If you have chapped lips, no chapstick is required. To make own balsamic ago, they do not need much. Mix 5g of natural wax, 5g of cocoa butter and 10g of almond oil into a soft mass and pour into an air-tight container. For larger ones, double quantities will be okay.
There have some home remedies for chapped lips. Let’s learn what the effective medications & how to get rid of chapped lips are.
- Take enough vitamins and especially vitamin B2. Vegans should pay particular attention here as they do not eat meat or dairy products.
- Many websites recommend a lip exfoliation. For this, use sugar crystals as peeling grains with a toothbrush. Specialists do not suggest such treatment because it could lead to injuries. Instead, use a mixture of honey and curd and massage it into the skin. Leave the natural balsam for at least 10 minutes, then remove it with a soft cloth.
- Cucumber: It’s hydrating property works fine to restore the damaged skin cells. Besides, it plays a vital role in regenerating new tissues. Put the slice of cucumber in the refrigerator for a few minutes and massage it to the affected area. Carry on this massaging for 2 minutes daily for a week. You will find massive improvement in your sore lips.
- Avoid Flavoured Toothpaste: Do you know that flavoured toothpaste contains an acid called sodium lauryl sulfate? It is responsible for making dry, cracked lips. So, it is advisable to avoid such kinds of flavoured Toothpaste.
- Do you use lipstick? You must apply high-quality lipstick with sunscreen formula.
How to cure chapped lips overnight?
How do you get your lips Unchapped? To unchap your lips in the future, you can follow the following guidelines:
- Do you licking lips with your tongue? The process may moisten the lips temporarily, but it will only dry out more.
- Avoid stress and paraffin-containing products.
- During the summer, be careful to use lipsticks with enough light protection factor. It protects the lips not only from dehydration but also from UV radiation.
- Quality Lip balms or creams are more beneficial than lipsticks. Both are much faster on the skin than lipsticks and have a more intense effect.
- Do not use regular moisturizers as they are not suitable for the requirements of the cute lips. Instead, prefer creams with ingredients of sesame, coconut butter, jojoba or olive oil. Vaseline, milking fat, natural wax, marigold ointment etc. are effective for treating chapped lips.
- If you are a victim of cold sore or fever blisters on lips, you can use witch hazel extract.
- In case of bacterial infection, apply turmeric powder with milk cream.
- Black tea has tannins which helps to reduce the pain. It also reduces burning sensation. Soak a black tea bag to apply to your lip when it becomes cool. Since black tea bag has anti-inflammatory properties, you can use on the swollen area. Thus, you can get rid of swollen lips.
Does Vaseline help chapped lips?
Is vaseline bad for your lips? Dry skin needs sufficient moisture to keep skin balance. Petroleum jelly helps to keep skin hydrated. Petroleum jelly for dark lips can be an excellent remedy. Vaseline is a petroleum jelly containing skin care product. It contributes to maintaining skin moisture. So, this kind of product is recommended for severely chapped lips. So, when to use Vaseline? You just need to apply Vaseline before bed at night.
How do you moisturize your lips?
Chapped lips no chapstick! Yes, if you want to moisturize your lips, apply following essential five ingredients.
1) Rose Water: Rose petals work as an emollient. It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which can eliminate dry skin problems.
2) Coconut Oil: Coconut oil for chapped lips is available medicine. It contains minerals which work as natural lip Scrub. Put coconut oil on your lips every day for 30 minutes.
3) Honey & Olive Oil: Honey contains anti-bacterial healing properties that are quite effective for dry skin. Mix Honey & Olive Oil & dip cotton balls into the thick paste and apply it to the lips.
4) Hot Compress: The hot compress method using a dry cloth is useful for the lip. Apply a warm compress to the lip for at least 5 minutes. Try to apply this procedure at least twice a day. Clean the dead skin with light hot water or lukewarm water every time. After cleansing the dead skin, put a dry cloth in cold water and keep it on the lips for some time. Finally, if you apply the Vaseline to the lips, then it will be better.
5) Aloe Vera Juice: Aloe Vera has natural healing properties. Take out the juice of an Aloe Vera. Apply the liquid in your lips for 10 minutes. If you use it regularly, you will get back your beautiful lip early.
Does Lotion help lips?
There have some face lotions that you can put on your lips. But the problem is that it might seem a bit annoying to you. In that case, you can set the perfume lotion. If you do not have lip gel, then you can use it. However, it must regularly be avoided. So, the lotion can protect the lip moisture for a temporary period.
Can I use lotion on my lips?
You can use lotion but Lotion will moisturize your lips temporarily.
By following our above formulas, you can quickly bring back your cute facial focus. Do you have any suggestion regarding How to get rid of chapped lips forever? You can consult with your lip specialist for a better idea. If you get a useful result, inform us which of the above tips worked best for you!